Thursday, February 26, 2004

I have tried more lately to restrain my comments about movies until I give them some thought. But I just saw the Passion of Christ and rather than telling you about the film, I will just tell you what happened to me. Maybe that will speak for itself. From about ten minutes in when the soldiers took Jesus from Gethsemane until the very, very end, I was just weeping. Certain parts I was shaking. I had to pray under my breath during certain parts just to keep my eyes open. When I got in my car and had a space all to myself I wept a lot louder and a lot more uncontrollably. My heart was just broken into pieces. I don't really intend for that to reflect on Mel Gibson or the actors in the film right now. I mean for that to reflect upon Christ. Never before have I been so affected to my core by what He went through for me.

John 10:17-18
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

All I could think the entire time was that every drop of blood I saw and every step Jesus took from Gethsemane that brought me to such tears was a choice. He chose it all.

No comments: