It has felt so so nice to be welcomed back by friends like Bryan and Michelle; so nice to think that I have been missed. On a very pleasant and enjoyable drive back to Ardmore, I began thinking that if I can say one thing about this round of singleness, it is this:
I have so much more fun when I am not afraid of losing a man. When I get what I have been most afraid of in a relationship, I lose a LOT because I lose an unbelievable person, but I am freed of fear. And that almost always makes me a better person; more likable to myself and more what I wanted to be in the first place.
My hope is just that my fear lessens rather than increases with each relationship because I am sure that one day, I will not have to be freed from any more fear in romantic relationships. Because my love will be what God really desires for me and I will not need to worry about losing it ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment