I just went to go see the Terminal with my old friend Scott. It could best be described as a feel-good movie without the overly wrapped up resolution ending. I highly recommend it. Not so sure what it made me feel so good about, but :).
Anyway, I have something that I hope is not too private to share. I had (was given) a mini-epiphany yesterday about my attitude towards my most recent break-up (i have to note a hanging one's head sort of feeling having to say that phrase 'most recent' as though there are many break-ups behind me and many more waiting in the wings...ha). How do I know when I just can't seem to let someone go despite myself that it is not just the situation I am holding onto? Maybe it is not the person at all that holds my attention, but the nature of the circumstances, or just how everything went down that nags at me. That almost seems like a vulgar thought. Could my pride truly be THAT strong? At the same time though, could my love for someone really be that strong? I don't know. I feel like in all my praying and wondering, I must have asked myself that question before. But maybe I haven't really.
No comments needed in the chatbox on that one. I'd prefer to keep my polls on a more inconsequential level.
No comments:
Post a Comment