When did intern stop meaning useless coffee runner???
Hey friends
So I am both thrilled and freaked out from a meeting this morning on my third day. I have been really working hard already and today at a marketing meeting, we were developing this whole God is not a Republican or Democrat campaign ad and the others at the meeting (all with Director in their title!) just kept asking for my input. My opinion? Is that important? That's great but I just kinda froze for a second because I was surprised to already have this much....trust? I don't know. But I am pleased, Interns really are valuable around here. Everyone has confirmed that the office was paralyzed without them during August. One thing I did opt to do that was less than glamourous was clean the employee microwave. I mean, I'm not very neat at all but this thing was DIS-GUST-ING. ugh. But now it is shiny and looks as new as the day it was bought twenty years ago. hehe.
So what else is up? I got to practice taking pictures at Adam Morgan Day and I liked them a lot. I just kept taking them till the measly 24 that fits on my temporary little card were all the best 24 I could take. I am getting a bit nervous about taking photos at Marianne's wedding (my cousin). I want them to be good and to reflect the joy of that day for her. But no one has ever asked me to try out what skills I have before. So that is my theme today. I am scared to actually do what I have been trained to do. I don't want to find out I'm not as smart or creative as I think. But there's only one way to find out. Get out of school and try it in the real world for a while.
I love you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment