Friday, December 17, 2004

In response to some questions about my vague seminary application comment, I forgot that I hadn't really said anything about it. Yeah. Mostly I think I will be looking seriously into pastoral counseling. My heart is just there lately you know? When something is just persistently nagging at your heart? But I mean I am not sure whether or not I want to do a program so specific as Pastoral Counseling or just get an M. Div. and leave my options open a little wider.

The way I explained it to my mom is that I love the idea (and I think I would do well) with being a supportive part of people's life milestones. Pastors get to do that a lot. Weddings, bereavement, having children and raising them, etc. These are things I think, although I haven't gotten to experience them myself yet, that I'd want to learn to help people through with a spiritual foundation. Thus, seminary is becoming more and more of an attraction for whatever job I may pursue after. What's cute is that Li is also and has also been looking at seminary. He and I and some housemates may go on this 'Vocational Exploration' weekend in February at Princeton. Funfun.

I don't know if I'd go to Princeton, but I think it will help to have people who can guide me through this thinking/praying process. I also don't think I would go back to school as soon as next year. I am considering deferring admission if I get accepted anywhere and just doing Jesuit Volunteer Corps or something similar for another year and really working out of the office and with people. I love people. I hate office. I need to balance that out. Anyway, speaking of office, I am here right now and so should probably go.

Love and love. Hope that gets you all a little more in the loop. I MISS YOU

No comments: