Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I am still not used to a Christmas break that is shorter than a month but my time over the holidays was so wonderful. Boston with Liz, a short but great visit with Ronna and Sean in PA, SO much driving, volunteering on Christmas, New Years with Michelle and her boyfriend and lots and lots of time with Li. We are getting closer all the time and my feelings for him are startling me. But he is such a deeply lovable person. I am happy to be with him and the holidays only solidified that for me.

I feeling a bit under the weather after all that and disoriented to be back here. Jumping into the 9-5 with allegiances to 3 different departments in this office and 8 different people in the house is a little much for me right now so I am going to be early and taking lots of time for myself so that I ease back in properly. Could it be that this year is shaping my introverted side (if there is one)? That would be a good thing in my mind. One thing that is pleasant is my room. Liz Green lives with me now because Claire, my former roommate needed her own space and it is lovely. The way we have decorated was described well by another housemate: 'Now it looks like one room and not two rooms in combat'. I think we just will mesh well. Now I just need to get with it.

Another heavy thing on my heart and in my prayers is that Noeleen, my friend's mom has been struggling with cancer and an ulcer and just found out she has a tumor entangled in her bowels so they can't remove it, but it's malignant. So it seems like she will die. How awful. Noeleen is realizing how much she actually likes this person she took for granted before and it just breaks my heart to think of how many people in our lives are like that. As a house, we need to learn how to best be there for Noeleen in this and that is hard. What do you say or do or NOT say or do? I think it is necessary that we are learning something like this though because it isn't going to go away. And in this program, I feel like our failures are absorbed by love.

That's all for now. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Noeleen that my heart goes out to her! Watching a parent suffer is so, so difficult, but it often brings you closer. I'm sure that the love and fellowship of your house, Jessie, will lift her up in this difficult time. On a lighter note, I'm so happy that you and Liz are sharing a room -- a much better match! Be well and happy, and watch your mail...

All my love,
Mom