Well, I heard some hard hard news yesterday. My mentor here in DC has been sick and coughing for two months and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. But still, when she didn't get better, she went to the doctor again and found out that she actually has carcinoma, a cancerous tumor on her lung and is going to the doctor as I write to get a PET scan to see if the tumor has spread. If it has, she could die within a couple months/years. It is awful. She is such a strong woman, but this has totally broken her. And we gathered around her as a staff this morning and laid hands on her and cried and prayed for her. But it is awful, and God knows it is awful. We are just so fragile.
The slightly redeeming news is that I really don't care about my stress any more. Teach me to number my days, Lord, that I might gain wisdom.
Please before you do anything else, pray right when you read this.
1 comment:
Jess, I am so sorry to hear this news! As you suggested, I dropped what I thought were high priorities (this really puts things in perspective, doesn't it??) to say a prayer for your friend. My love to you and the Sojourners staff! Be strong for your friend -- she'll need all the love and support you can give...
Post a Comment