I feel like I have been floating along this week. All the common day to day practices of my house got suspended this week because of this huge conference we were all planning or helping with. So no dinners together, no cleaning teams, no morning prayer. It has been weird, just being around a lot of people with no real rules for how to live together. Almost like living in the dorms again. Ha. What will it be like to live in a dorm setting with people in their late 20's I wonder...
I got to go see a Nationals game last night, DC's new baseball team and they are doing realy really well. The game was not only free, but because my friend Nikki's fiancee is a pretty important employee for the Orioles, we got into this Diamond club where we have access to an air conditioned lounge area, sit right behidn home plate and have free food all night. What? He is constantly getting us VIP things. So that was fun.
I don't know what my deal is though. I am kind of looking for something that I am not getting in my day to day life right now and I don't know what that is. I am going to go out in Malcolm X park during lunch today and journal. Maybe that would help. I am a person who needs to process life or I can't really handle it as well. And this week I have not taken time to do that. I have just been working and going out and sleeping. Oh, and snapping at Liam. He has been very patient because my thing with growing relationships seems to be that the deeper they grow, the more snappy I feel I am allowed to become. Sigh. No, but there is a certain comfort level that I take for granted with people I begin to trust and unfortunately that means they get to see and handle the worst of me. But I think he can handle it, which makes me very happy.
One thing I have been enjoying with my sister and several friends in this HOT burst of humid weather and no air conditioning at my house is long walks at night once it cools down a bit outside. That just might be my favorite Summer activity. Oh and guess what? During this whole month of June, I am enrolled in a photo composition class right in Adams Morgan down the street from me. The teacher is great because he actually cares about the art of photo unlike my boss this Summer who was a businessman through and through. He has encouraged me to buckle down more with the technology of my cameras (yuck SO not good at that stuff) and learn it so that I don't ruin beautiful pictures that I might take. And he had me and the other student taking photos in our classroom, which was challenging for me. I like pictures of people and action not shapes in a room necessarily, but it was pretty good for me. He said that I made it too hard, that I was trying to find good pictures rather than just looking around. wise words
for now I have to go. since i am actually at work.
1 comment:
love for you
Post a Comment