I feel really lazy here these past couple weeks. I am taking so many naps. I am trying to work on that but I realize I am more a creature of habit than I ever thought.
I am in a girls' small group here with new friends Geila, Marcie, Sarah, Rachel and Alex. We decided to start off the first month of meeting with our stories/testimonies. Despite ALWAYS making our meetings go longer than the scheduled hour, I really do love hearing people's stories. It is one of my favorite things. Marcie shared her story tonight. She is a really unique person. She had a lot of people try to get in her way and convince her that she was not meant to be a pastor, mostly because she is a she. But after many years of wrestling and running she is here. She is very sensible and yet empathetic and she has a lot of good ideas. Please check out the link on the side there with her name in it. She started this thing at her church that has several blogs about life, theology, literature, and entertainment (she does the entertainment one).
I just thought that was an awesome idea. Bring people into the conversation with people in the church before they have to make the long, humbling trek through the church doors on a Sunday morning. Let them hear about real people in church before they have to encounter everyone being so nice on the one day of the week they all come together. I just loved it. Her blog makes me want to review more things informally on this blog. I've been wanting to write things more substantial anyway from time to time. Her story also encouraged me that I think I want to write out my testimony again and I think that will be my next post. So it may be a couple days.
No comments:
Post a Comment