Sunday, February 12, 2006

I am really happy lately. It feels like things are coming together and I am content. This semester, however, continues to be a little hectic despite efforts to cut back. SO my embarrassing coping mechanisms help me remain as sane as I wanna be. Enjoy:

1. I am now on Season 5 of Dawson's Creek with my friend/neighbor Marcy. Pete Gill would be so proud
2. Browsing my favorite online stores and then last minute saving possible purchases to a wishlist out of consumerist guilt. Yet I keep coming back for more!! :)
3. Listening to LOTS of new music (recommendations from rated music and then recommendations from THOSE recommendations) on Yahoo Music Engine. You should all get it. It knows me so well. Favorites for listening lately that come to mind....
- Mates of State
- old Mariah Carey (I know I know)
- The Reindeer Section
- Stevie Wonder
- Psalms sung by various monasteries
- Iron and Wine
4. eating cereal directly out of the box with a spoon. No Milk necessary
5. at least one day a week sleeping in past 10 am. I may get to do that tomorrow if the snow around here keeps up.
6. unbridled PDA with my boyfriend who I adore
7. reading OTHER people's blogs. I still love thisfish.blogspot.com. It's this girl from NYC and she is just a really good writer. I have sort of lost touch with MYSpace and try as I might I can't get into message boards. I like the bangbangbang of immediate reactions in debates and not waiting an hour to hear a response.

I wish more of my 'indulgences' were exercise, reading more for pleasure, a real Sabbath, etc. But this is how it is right now, and I am just really happy with it. I feel like despite it's occasional and inevitable awkwardness and inferiority complexes at PTS, I belong here. It took me this long to feel that way at Eastern if not longer and that ended up being the best time of my life so my hopes are high. Alright. bedtime.

love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess! Oh, how happy it makes me to hear you say YOU'RE happy! Remember -- keep it simple and real. I love you and miss you more than you know. All my love, Your Mom