March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path. (Kahlil Gibran)
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Ok so there were ten traumas which is a lot, and I am tired. But it wasn't so bad. It never is. My anticipation is always worse. And I'll tell you, one tiny little thing had me smiling all night. This nice transport guy with cheeks that got all chubby when he cracked a smile passed me in the hallway around 1 am, and we had never met, but somehow he knew just the right words at the right time. He smiled and said "Hello chaplain". Why did that help so much? Hell if I know. :) But it did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you girl, I knew you would get through, you make me very rpoud with what you are doing this summer. take care of yourself and rest, call me later. you are amazing cutes
liam
I was thinking of you that night, Jess, wondering how your ER was fairing for the holiday. Lucky for me this year,I opted not to work the Fourth, but I remember all too well those busy holidays with an endless parade of ambos coming in the back door meeting with streams of impatient walk-ins from the front.
A simple kind word and a smile does wonder for the soul, doesn't it? God put that EMT there for a reason, to encourage and uplift your spirits! God is so good!
I love you and I pray for your strength and compassion to minister to God's people.
Post a Comment