Thursday, May 10, 2007

a big decision (or maybe UNdecision)

Hey all,

So as a couple of you know I was seriously considering the possibility of taking a year off next year to do a CPE residency or intern with a cool church, take some space from this emotionally charged place. I have thought about it and prayed about it and had some interviews all set up, but I have been given enough signals that I have made a decision.

I am not leaving. It is best for me to stick around here and finish this out as I planned. It is hard because in part I did come to this specific seminary out of others I applied to as the first step in a journey with Li. So being here and having that absent from my life inflicted me with deep self-doubt but not for long. I know I am called to ministry. That much I feel more sure of than ever. And I know ending up here is something I will look back upon and know it was good, whether or not it was right or wrong. It just never seemed like that kind of decision to me.

Graduating a year late, after all my friends, would not be the worst. But people are what matter to me, I will keep saying it because it is the truest thing about me. Nothing matters more. ANd more and more, the people in my life here feel like my people. I don't want to miss out on them. And not only that, but I want to surprise myself. So my decision is rather anti-climactic, but it has been an exciting process. See you next year

(well after I finish this last paper) :)

No comments: