The night before my Christmas break. This may just be the first year I do not stay at home the full month. It looks like I'll be bouncing back and forth a bit. I just love people in two places. what can i say? My dear friend Katie Parks is up now writing a paper. What am I doing? Nothing so responsible as that, sorry to say. It is 2:31 a.m. and I am of course still up..listening to Moby all packed up, room a bit cleaner. I had a very productive day in the way of xmas presents. I am making almost all of them this year, but thats not saying a lot because I am sadly not giving too many. I do however plan to sit down and write people and tell them how much I care. I hope that satisfies you more than money spent on you that I need to be saving or paying back :-/ :)
Today really was a very pleasant day. Sarah and I went to Betsy Morgan's house for dinner. She told us we had bene one of her favorite classes, and she really meant it. Her and Van Weigel cotaught a seminar class where i learned so so much but I couldnt tell you what the class is about. But Van Weigel is one of my FAVORITE profs at eastern. He has done so many amazing things yet he is just so unimpressed with himself. He still wears socks and sandals every day of his life! I love that! he made us baked alaska; a sweet treat of which I have never seen or heard the likes but I am hooked. You bake mounds and mounds of ice cream. mmmmmm.... anyway, after that little get together I got to go see Joel and Rhea. We watched Will & Grace and just talked, and I am really glad they are just my friends now. It has been a pleasant week for friends.
I want to go home for a little while. But I also want to be here. I dont know how I feel about the holidays. I know exactly why they make me as anxious as they do this year though. because I have a hard time not comparing. I am in a phase now where I am asking a lot of 'what if' questions about my past. Regret is the last LAST thing i want in my life so I am just going to think things through without thinking myself in circles. My friend Josh had a wonderfully wise thing to say about that though: he said that sometimes the right decisions just don't work out.
I dont have much to say about that. need to consider it more.
anyway, my loved ones in MD, I will be back tomorrow. Call me and we will get together. peace out PA
No comments:
Post a Comment