This is a hard habit to keep up, this blogging. I guess it's just that my daily life excites me day to day, but I'm not so sure it would excite my readers. So what else do I want to talk about? Well, one controversial thing I heard today is Dr. Cary, an incredibly intelligent professor at Eastern criticizing Tony Campolo, another very intelligent "professor"/personality at Eastern. Dr. Cary said that he does not agree with Tony's politics or theology of guilt. He does not think that to be a true Christian everyone must serve the poor; everyone has different works of God to do. To me, that was a critique of my major. But isn't it interesting how the most controversial thing someone could say, if said by someone you respect enough will make you stop and really consider. I am considering why he would say and if that is truly Biblical. I am still thinking about it, but hey, if Dr. Cary is right about that, I still feel pretty secure in my major because I know that out of all the works I could do for God, nothing strikes me as truth so much as giving whatever I have to those who have a whole lot less. It just makes sense to me. At least I can say that for one thing after four years of college and twenty one years of living, huh? :)
P.S. CONGRATULATIONS TO SEAN BENNIS ON TAKING THE GREs. Nothing to do now but wait and see what happens, but I'm sure it will be fine considering he is a secret genius!!
Well kids, my legs are still throbbing and aching from Box Aerobics (can't wait to go back!), which makes sleep seem even more inviting than usual at this hour. I wish you grace and Peace and restful sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment