President Bush came to our neighborhood YMCA today. I was not aware until after the fact, but I had a good laugh thinking about him and his entourage blending into the Mainline with their SUV motorcade. I'm laughing again right now. That's fine, maybe kinda cool whether I like him or not. PA is on his radar. I will be interested to hear debates. I was not as informed as I wanted to be in 2000 and my vote was not well-placed because of it. Yes, friends, I was a single issue voter like lots of Christians, but not this time! My liberal parents will be proud :)
"Vote the bum out! That's democracy!" (Dr. Cary) This man never fails to surprise me. I will leave Eastern with much more softness in my heart for our school and much more understanding of my faith because of him. He has provided me also with several surreal experiences lately of going up to Heritage 3rd Floor lounge and trying to read and being pleasantly distracted by him and students engaged in dialogue about theology and philosophy and Jesus is always the center of those talks that I overhear. All I think when I overhear them is that I shouldn't take Eastern for granted. How amazing to be in an academic environment where those conversations are truly the norm and not the exception.
Tonight I played with legos for a couple hours with my roommate Michelle and my friend Ronna. We built a scaled replica of Michelle's house in Philly. We took it pretty seriously. It was very therapeutic. One thing I wanted to do all night was curl up with a good book. I think the next novel I read (and I need a novel. I have LOADS of nonfiction to wade through for Eastern till May) will be Tomcat in Love as recommended by several friends with good taste. Time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment