I am home in MD. I am thinking about a lot of my friends. Some are going through really incredible, exciting changes like cross-country moves or prep for marriage. Others are dealing with a lot of frustration and pain. And I am just...fine; somewhere in the middle. I am really feeling stable and hopeful and good. I do find it slightly ironic that, at least among my single friends, I feel like one of the only ones not thinking hard about a romantic relationship existent or potential. For once in my life. I am not on the lookout or pining away over my ex anymore. I feel like my life is full of good things. That does not mean that I never will feel the void in that area. I'm sure sooner or later I will, but I find I don't feel lacking in love until there is a specific person I want that seems like a real possibility. Right now, I don't have that and am getting used to that. That's new. That hasn't happened for me in over 7 years.
It's just strange is all. For once I feel like my life just isn't about that right now. Is this a happy announcement or one intended to make you other love-obsessed suckers feel guilty? :-) Of course not. I feel a lot of solidarity with the people I care about right now because we are all figuring things out in one way or another. And it is wonderful that most of us are people who believe that praying about the changes in our lives is one of the best things we could possibly do. It's late and I am off to bed. I miss PA a bit already, but am anticipating a really interesting Summer.
night friends
No comments:
Post a Comment