Thursday, June 03, 2004

There are a lot of temptations in this world.

But the one that compels me most irresistabily is the luxury of Comcast Digital Cable complete with movies On Demand. I have what I'd consider to be a healthy distaste for all things television and advertising related but I have to confess that it does suck me in. I am pretty much all talk and no action when I am at home in MD. One actual good reason that I have for this is that watching television is a favorite activity of my parents and I absolutely love any time I get to spend interacting with them. And we actually DO interact. If you know me and/or my father and our talkative natures, you can imagine the constant comments on whatever it is we happen to be watching. Tonight he and I stayed up and watched all the actors who do the voices for the Simpsons on Inside the Actor's Studio. It was so cool and so fun to do with him.

My other argument in my defense is that normally I do try to watch movies or more interesting programs and not simply mindless talk shows or sitcoms. I especially avoid commercials at all costs. But it takes up more time than I want it to and I have a lot of goals in mind for my time this Summer. I pretty much have a completed darkroom down in the basement, a pile of books to read, a handful of wonderful friends to keep in touch with and a relationship with God that I desire to grow on the level it did in Puerto Rico. Etc etc etc. Is it possible to be very ambitious and very very lazy at the same time? Yes. Yes it is. :-)

Other tidbits?
Figuring out my job situation but the possibility stands beginning tomorrow that I might
have a photography internship position in DC. (www.johnharrington.com. I am excited to see what that will be like and if it is truly an option for me. Working with kids half-time, learning the ropes of professional photo the other half? Pretty much my dream come true. We'll see.

I am repainting my room. It used to be a very fun floor to ceiling sky thing that I did with my boyfriend when I was 15, but it seems like a good time for a little change. I am also, in support of my folks and out of curiosity going to be eating the Atkin's diet. Less strictly than them of course, but they are both intelligent people so if they think the fad is a worthwhile one, it should be pretty interesting. Oh, and if you are in the area on Saturday, I hope you are stopping by my graduation party. I dont think that includes most of you but that should be a good time. I am not used to quite that much attention. I have always shared birthdays and momentous occasions with my sister, but this will be a fun change.

I am getting tired and have to get up early tomorrow. There is more that I could say, but I will hold off. Goodnight friends.

No comments: