After literally about 48 hours straight of just laying on my couch sleeping and drinking fluids and watching other people's lives roll by, I stepped out today to take my first freelance photos for the Bowie Blade. They were of this weekly concert out in Old Bowie (a very cute part of my quickly developing town full of antique shops and friendly trusting people who talk to strangers like myself). The band playing was blues/big band and there was this sweet sweet family there with little baby girls dancing like they didn't care and then anohter old couple who actually met a few years ago taking dance lessons were having the same good time. The guy Sidney actually tried to lead me in a dance but (of course) my uncoordinated self made it as hard for him as possible, but we were all laughing and enjoying the afternoon. They asked about what I was doing and wished me all kinds of luck. I may see them next week at the next little concert since it is like 5 minutes from my house.
It was utterly pleasant and it felt like stepping into another world. Yet that was enough of a step out of my lazy healing shell since I have to work at 8:30 tomorrow. My last day at Sportfit before dream job gears up AND my sweet sister is going to come lounge at the pool to visit me. Yippee! Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment