Saturday, July 10, 2004

Taking Liam's cue, I wanted to create my own list of favorite summery moments (in no particular order)

a) crab feasts: usually picking apart at fully shelled, recently killed animals wouldn't sound enjoyable to me, but I can't deny it. I'm a Marylander and I love when my hands are covered in Old Bay.

b) playing the occasional loud competitive card game and losing entirely without fail every game

c) jumping into some sort of forbidden body of water

d) trips to amusement parrks. C'mon friends. I know they're overpriced and 80% of you hate rollar coasters, but I havent enjoyed this summer moment in years. May as well do it while our joints can still stand the jostling. :)

e) driving with the music blasting, all my windows down and yelling out the lyrics like a rock star. ok this may just be one of my favorites. It's not quite as fun when your windows are up, the heat is on and there's not that slight slight chance of embarrassment at the first sign of a traffic jam. ;-)

f) late night walks and long talks around my neighborhood or your neighborhood or wherever! It's not so hot and it's the cheapest activity there is!

g) battling incessant coughing, phlegm and trips to the bathroom every fifteen minutes or less. OH...oh wait. I've played that Summer game before. I actually hate it. I am such a wimp when it comes to being sick. And with that I am going to go hack in my bed rather than over the keyboard.

LOve love love and fun Summer wishes.

No comments: