Anyway, my full time job is unpredictable. But as I sit in the occasional traffic on the commute home and sit down to a home-cooked meal, I think two things. One being that I am not ready for this to be my life every day. Two being that one day I know I'll enjoy it. Even now, I do find the routine pretty comforting.
I am learning a lot from John, my boss. Yet being around so many successful people makes me see that I have a long way to go. With or without photography in my life as an option. The only thing about jobs is that you kind of get to do exactly what you want to do. But only kind of. It's only an approximation because usually jobs involve a lot of administrative and less exciting tasks surrounding your real passion. For instance, all you YMINers plan like crazy and run these programs and probably have to fight not to be too tired to actually spend one-on-one time with the kids. As for me, I have been too tired or too busy working 8-10 hrs a day to make it to museums and try my hand at my own photos. Is it worthwhile to set aside the core work you love to do in order to learn about all the things you have to do around it? This has been a challenge for me lately.
However, one very worthwhile thing on my agenda is this: I have spent every night for the last six days with my sister; going out for wine/dessert (yes aren't we so fancy?;-) ), going to movies, going for walks, and laying around together. We are so different lately and yet haven't seemed to grow apart. It seems possible to let a history with someone carry you through the changes. At least with her, I have proof of that.
Something cute. My parents went on a real date tonight. They havent gone out just the two of them like that for the longest time and it was really simple: dinner at T.G.I. Friday's with the Atkin's Friendly Menu. :) I hope they had a good time. I hope whoever I'm with one day is half as committed to me as they have been to each other. It is cool to see them taking charging and doing something together that will help them be more what they want to be.
And finally, before I go to bed, a movie review that will probably upset all of you. I saw Anchorman. I had high expectations of a ridiculously silly and funny movie a la Zoolander and Old School. I thought it was really really REALLY bad. I would have thought it was amazing if you told me that it was 100% improv, make-it-up-as-you-tape. But it wasn't. The fight scene throwing in all of Will Ferrell's past costars was classic, but that didn't quite save it for me. I can't say I didn't laugh, but I was disappointed. Thoughts? Heckling? Bring it on, friends.
I love you all and your awful taste. :) Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment