Monday, July 26, 2004

I am at work much earlier than usual and have a little extra time. This weekend was full. Baseball games, swimming pools, movies, and an amusement park. I saw The Corporation. I would recommend it to anyone. It was really well-done, though really long. It kind of seemed like a PBS movie that teachers would show in a classroom. But maybe up there with college classroom movies rather than high school. It made me think and reminded me where I stand on a lot of issues, which is helpful right now when all kinds of information has been thrown my way.

After all the activity this weekend, I ended up at college group in Gaithersburg and suddenly exhaustion hit me really really hard and all I wanted to do was go home and be by myself in my big chair and read and pray and be quiet. And so I did. And it was wonderful. Then my sister and I ate Cocoa Puffs together and caught up and then I fell asleep the minute I hit the pillow. It is great when life feels full, but it needs to be balanced too. I have to stop after all that running around.

I am thinking a lot this morning about Joel and Rhea and how they must be feeling moving so soon. I wonder what that would feel like. I thought about the fact that I myself have never actually just gone away from family and friends for longer than 4 months. Ever. So it sounds intimidating, but I can't imagine a better way to do it. Travel across the country with your spouse/best friend in the world to go live near two of your other best friends to be in a place that fits you. I can't imagine a better plan. But I will miss Joel and Rhe for all kinds of little reasons.

I have to go for now, friends. More later.

No comments: