I havent updated in a while because I have been at the beach. It was so wonderful. I had so much free time that I was able to start and finish The Stand. And I got lots and lots of family time, a rockin tan and came back to a really fun party for Li. So, needless to say, I am pretty happy about all of that. I have been just sort of winding down my job with the photographer and procrastinating preparations for Sojourners. I probably won't pack until the night before, but that is alright because it sounds like I'll be taking only about as much as I would have taken to Eastern which was never even a full carload.
Anyway......I am so sleepy today so if this isn't interesting or articulate, that is why. I cut my hair off last week and many of you have already seen it. I wanted to try to upload a picture of it soon, but I dont have one handy yet. But I love it. It is one of my easiest and fave hairstyles in a long time. I got to reading people's blogs when I got back and had some thoughts on Ed's. I am glad he decided to share news of Lexie. It was kind of weird because yesterday would have been our two-year anniversary, and I found that thought to be one passing in and right back out of my mind. It didnt distress me, and that feels nice. I also have felt interest in other guys more acutely than I have all year. But, cute as you men are sometimes, I still don't want to date you. :) Not for a while. I have really settled into my singleness, and don't want to give it up just yet. Not that you all need to know every little stage of me moving on, but there it is.
What else? I received an email from my old roommate and friend that I adore, Michelle Nater two days ago that made me stop to think. It was to me and a couple other girl friends of hers and she just sort of challenged us to not fall into traps of negativity, jealousy or competition with the people we care about. I told her that it is so easy sometimes to make it out as if my ideas, issues and feelings are the end all; somehow important to everyone else like the end of an edge-of-your-seat-movie. And so often I want it to be like that. I want the things that bother me and hurt me and make me happy to be dstinctively important to other people around me. And the humbling reality is that they are just one small part of one small life.
Oh, I forgot to tell you about one interesting thing from the beach. One night my sister and I went out to the Boardwalk with two classic beach things in mind as our mission; fudge and a ferris wheel ride. Neither of them happened but something better did. One of my all-time favorite places is the Boardwalk if only because the people-watching there is like none other. I'm telling you, they only come out at night. :) I brought my camera with me for this people-watching extravaganza, and my sister and I sat on a bench just watching them all go by. I was trying for like twenty minutes to work up nerve enough to approach some that caught my eye. Why is that so difficult for me? I'm not sure. I normally feel like I can start chatting it up with anyone but trying to get them to give me smething (aka: a pic when most people hate their pictures as well as practice for me). Getting people in on my shaky talent is hard stuff for me. BUT all of a sudden, these two guys came crashing toward each other on the dividing wallon the edge of the sand. They collapsed on the ground laughing and two of their friends came up. One was a hippie boy, one was clean cut, one was all hip-hop and the other had on a tophat and trenchcoat and a chainmail glove. HAHA. I loved it. They started playing hackey sack and I asked theirpermision to shoot pics of them. They were so friendly and so interesting and so nice to each other. Guys comfortable enough to be close always warm my heart and these guys were all so different. And they knew it. They got us on video too for a website they have. And I was pleased. I should approach people more often. Putting myself out there has paid off so far.
Anyway, this was written all throughout my day and now i gotta go. Love to everyone but special shoutout to Rhe for specifically requesting my update.
No comments:
Post a Comment