I've gotten a bit of heckling for not updating so here goes. But I am at work so it cant be too long. As you know by earlier posts, I dont have that much to share about my life and its events because until Fall, all is pretty stable and easygoing. Not much to tell really. However, last night I came home and had a really long, excellent conversation with my Dad about some of his story ideas and technology and the numbing of society's 10% of their brain that they actually use by our convenient innovations and some of his and my ideas to maybe make things better. I really really love conversations like that; just conversations about thoughts and not necessarily about us. I have needed one of those lately. Because after all I do know anything that actually is of note in my life is not as dramatic as it seems or important. It's nice to take the focus off us and our simple little lives and think bigger and more creatively. Does that make sense friends?
so after that conversation, I did something I havent done in a long time. I sat down at my computer, opened a blank Word document and typed away with my fast two fingers until all my ideasfrom that conversation were out of head and on paper for whatever they are worth. It felt great. I used to do that kind of when I was a kid. except then I'd sit down and write stories; usually about people a few years older than me--(thats me always thinking about the next stage in life). I don't remember if these stories were good. Writing is not a passion for me as much as photo. I think the reason I like photo lately is because in writing I try to figure things out and it takes a long time to get anywhere. But with photos, I can think...I'm going to take a picture of this person. What do I want to capture about them? How can I do that in X number of frames? It's problem solving on a small, inconsequential level and I love learning how to think like that so that when I am confronted by big problems in the world, maybe the way I've learned to reason and question will come in handy in that area. Creative endeavors carry over well in practical life problems I am finding. So I guess that's the bottom line. Therefore, any of you who are willing to deal with my inexperience and a camera in your face have to let me practice on you. K?
Things I CAN tell you about my life;
a) Li gave me a graphic novel and I resisted liking it, but I did. A lot.
b) I am in the process of re-evaluating and recreating some of my friendships. Gotta roll with the changes, huh/ On that note, I will also note as Ed did that he feels like less and less of a painful ex every day. Praise Jesus. I hate that 'ex' feeling. I look forward to being friends who can laugh together comfortably and congratulate each other on hot dates very soon. Lately I have been noticing signals that I may finally be over that relationship. I don't think you can go back with a person and forget everything that happened between you that was hard, but sometimes it seems like you can get pretty close.
c) Other books I am reading: Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (James Joyce), a biography of Annie Liebowitz, and Coraline, a decent children's book.
d) I am loving my bicycle. It used to be my mom's and she is giving it to me for this year since she rarely gets any use out of it. I've been riding all around my neighborhood. It is a stark improvement to panting and running all of a half mile before I want to die. I love the feeling of going so far and not being as tired. And feeling the wind in my face on a big down hill. Don't forget that part. (still hoping for another run to an amusement park--crossing fingers right now)
Love to all. time to go. this was longer than expected. Hope it satisfies you.
No comments:
Post a Comment