Good morning.
My weekend up north was a fun time as expected, with a couple of surprising twists and turns regarding conversations with and/or time spent with friends. Sean had his b-day party and I am pleased that he was able to surround himself with friends and all that. I am also very very proud of Liam for choosing to make a hard (and impending) decision involving moving and a brand new job.
I am in a weird place this Summer because I really am so thrilled and pleased and content with this photo job. But it is hard at times for two main reasons. One is that 50-70% of my weeks are spent in the office at the computer or doing office-y stuff. Which has never really been my thing. I enjoy the peace and quiet for like maybe two weeks but then start itching for interaction and something more challenging. And so that leads to the second issue for me, but one that is normal I think. See, in this sort of thing, since I have no experience, I AM pursuing a dream of mine but just at such a basic level that it doesnt feel that way sometimes. I can't be gallavanting around the globe taking pictures or going to shoots that matter more to me because I need to take whatever experience I can get for now. I just have all these things I want to do and I feel like I barely hit the tip of the iceberg with them because my dreams are too big and vague for the day-to-day action. You know?
I get told that this is just one of many steping stones into a job/vocation I will truly be in love with one day, but it is scary to consider that what if it isnt? What if I don't really get anywhere with these scattered ideas I have for what I could do? Photo is just the beginning. What if I can't decide? What if I sell myself out? But that last one wont happen, I have much more of a choice about that. That is why I feel really glad about Sojourners lately because the more I think about it, the more I really want an all-encompassing experience and just a 9-5. I dont do well with scheduled progress in my goals. For instance, I am sure my faith was nurtured at Eastern because when you are there, you can hardly ever forget about it. It is not compartmentalized as much as it was in high school, at least not for me.
Anyway, on a lighter note, my sister and I are going to see 'Orwell Rolls in His Grave' tonight at AFI's Silver Theatre:
http://www.afi.com/silver/new/nowplaying/2004/v1i12/orwel.aspx.
Yay. I'm lucky to transfer from one cool city to another where I can see movies like this one. Sary and I have taken each other on a good amount of pretty hip dates lately and I am loving it. I will have to provide a review tomorrow for you and that just may be my motivation to post.
Summer is almost over friends. It's time to do hot-weather things while we can so c'mon. Call me with any ideas including beaches, pools, amusement parks, baseball games and outdoor sports that we can play in a field like kickball and dodgeball (that I WILL suck at).
Love to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment