In case you were curious how Bush's suggested (not yet proposed) changes to Social Security will affect your check, see this sweet calculator I found off George Miller's website:
http://www.house.gov/georgemiller/calc/index.html#
Projects a harsh reality for us younguns.
I know, I'm cheating but I keep getting links to all these interesting websites with quizzes and activities, which I can never resist. To update you on me, I don't want to write anything too serious at the moment so I will give you some fun basics.
On Wednesday night I had my first girls night in a long time with my sister and my mom. We went to the Melting Pot and I had fondue for the first time but not just any fondue. Four course meal fondue!! My mom went all out. No simple living for this girl that night. It was so pleasant and one of the best meals I have ever had other than my first experience at Cheesecake factory with Miss Michelle Nater. And as usual, time talking and laughing with them was the best. I feel very thankful for family all all all the time.
Other than that there's not too much to report. I also, as another first, played ping pong this week in an office tournament and found that two out of three of my opponents knew how bad I was and were trying to secretly play with their bad hand. Oh, the grace and mercy extended to someone with no athletic skills...
Also as a first I finished a series of graphic novels that Li said I had to read in order to understand him and prove my love to him (just kidding he just really really, I mean really, likes them). I am trying to think of what to make him read. Anyway I started off really skeptical because I hate how so many hip movies and things like this nowadays try to be so edgy and over the top. I just don't think it's really that revolutionary an idea to show the future of our world in chaos and corruption. BUT all that being said, I grew to appreciate the characters and the art in those books so I guess everybody wins.
And one of the things that will be my final first is starting to do actual work at 9:00 rather than 9:30. :) Later kids. I will miss some of you at Josh's wedding!
1 comment:
update nerd
Post a Comment