Friday, September 23, 2005

Oh my, more than Liam and my mom read this blog now so I better rephrase that last post. First off, I should perhaps apologize to Tony because I did not mean to single him out. I still have those questions, but I value honesty above all in everyone and so I think I painted him in an unfair light. Underestimating the power of the internet. As my professor said today, your sins (in this case, I suppose, gossip) will find you out.
Point of this rant: I am sorry Tony and from now on, I will be keeping my comments not so personal.

As I write this, I feel really clumsy and like I am constantly sick with a cold and discouraged about things. And that has been building up in this transition time so just to put that out there....

I have been reciting the Jesus prayer (actually an idea from Sacred way ironically) and that has helped me a lot. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the heck are those other 2 commenters??

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling out of sorts (and I hope not sick again!), Jess. I will call you today (early afternoon) to hear your voice. 'Til then, be well, be happy. Know that everyone's opinions matter and that discovery doesn't happen unless our comfort is questioned...

tony said...

No worries, J. I just wanted you to know that I struggle valiantly to answer those questions about the diversity of Emergent, and I feel a little like a politician when I do: like I'm dancing, trying to tell the truth, and knowing that some will never be satisfied with the answers.

Rest easy and enjoy your weekend.

master of pain said...

I love love love you, your compassionate spirit is so evident in everything you do. and trust me, these guys can take the criticism. I basically asked brian mclaren if emergent wasn't just white people shit to his face and he thought it was funny. the problem is that there really isn't a great answer, but never feel bad for being uncomfortable with that, just know that their hearts are in the right place even if no one knows the best way to address the issue. yer criticism was fair, and I have read much worse things about poor tony, many not based in any real concern, just cruel for no cause!

Anonymous said...

i miss you jessie!

<3 laura