Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Today was a truly wonderful birthday for me. Nothing huge; just acknowledgement of love from important people in my life: new ones and very old ones.

Shout outs to:
Ronna
Tim Skerpon
Kevin
Nikki
Derek
Andrew Waldo
Eliza with the last name I can't pronounce
Matt Ralph
FOR SENDING ME WELL WISHES

Shout outs to new sweet girlfriends at PTS for decorating my room with toilet paper, colored elmo letter signs and meticulously stringed popcorn and for bringing me an Entemanns cake from Wawa at midnight yesterday as a study break. ALSO....
-to my family for long catch up phone calls and providing affirmations of
believing in me every day
-to 3 random strangers for coming out of their rooms when I sounded a call
for helpers in carrying the heaviest couch in the world to my third floor
-especially to Liam who made me feel incredibly special, said 'I love you'
many times even though I haven't felt lovable lately, helped with the 2
ton couch, took me to a nice dinner AND got me my first massage--one hour
and absolutely unbelievable.

I feel good. I know these lists are probably boring for anyone but me, but as I see it I am following the form of the Biblical writers. Sometimes it feels like they just aren't writing for us or writing to be read and understood. Their long-winded lists are personal for them and encourage them. So here's where I'll end it: I am happy to be alive and 23.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EVERYBODY loves Jessie!! :)