As I walked back from the gym tonight, I was listening to a new download: Johnny Cash's cd--Songs from my Mother's Hymnbook, and one song had a really simply and beautiful metaphor about witnessing to God. Those of us who know God's deep and merciful character are like lights on a friendly shore where God Himself is the beacon from a lighthouse out to sea. Anyone floating out on dark or dangerous waters may find themselves drawn to a place where they can set down their anchor and stand on dry land. I just thought it was cool. I am looking forward to seeing Walk the Line. I like seeing stories about people who do faith differently and he seemed like one of those people.
Anyways...my room is looking lovely. here are some pictures:



This place is far from perfect, but I like that my space feels like me. I like the people around me. I like what I am learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment