more adventures in antiques retail...
Today around 3:00, an older gentleman came in with a dingy baseball cap, a bright orange shirt and a couple top teeth missing. He said hello and had a thick accent that I couldn't place.
"You have a fine lady out front there" he said.
I didn't say anything, trying to figure it out quickly. Then I realized he was referring to Sasha, our lanky, dark-haired mannequin with the big bronze necklace and zebra striped dress that we place out front everyday on an old dining room chair.
"Oh," I said. "Thank you very much"
That is actually the second compliment I had gotten on her today. She does look pretty sophisticated but also startlingly realistic.
"Yes" he said. "She is a perfect wife because she doesn't talk back. She doesn't talk at all. I think if I ever get married I will come back here and find a girl like her"
What do I say? I just smile and nod. And he left.
I had to share that. Should I have stood up for women a bit more? Don't know. At least he didn't ask me for a job too. How strange that I have now met more weird people here in the ritzy shopping district of Georgetown than I did in a month in the "bad neighborhood" Columbia Heights.
5 comments:
love for you
wow. sounds like you are having a FUN time at the antique store.
it's always the place you don't exect to find a wierdo that a weirdo shows up.
i miss you chica!
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment