I am continuing in my nightowl ways even though I KNOW late nights often depress me and a (very slow) transformation in the direction of morning person would probably be better for my emotional well-being.
That being said, here I am awake at 1:30. I walked into my sister's room before heading to bed and it was empty. For the first time in my life, my sister's room was practically empty. No bed, just bare carpet. Only a couple posters left on the wall where they used to be plastered with pictures and cards and drawings stretching back into 1997! And a couple tell-tale Sary things around like her ruffly pink purse that I hate or her hippie skirt or her shelf of Disney figurines that I took down in my own room quite a while ago, but she never did. These things reminded me so much of her that my eyes welled up and I felt a very deep wave of melancholy. And writing about it now, I feel it again, but I wanted to write about it and I hope she reads it to know how much I miss her and how much more I'm sure I will realize in the years to come where we may never live under the same family roof again.
Anyway, we saps never really do change, do we? I'm sure my mom will tear up reading this, and somehow that makes me feel a bit better. :) Bedtime.
5 comments:
I did indeed tear up, Jess! It really IS hard to look in Sary's room and not miss her terribly. But we're a close family, and no matter where we all may live, we'll always be close in heart! I love you!
Sary says:
Jessiekins, this almost made me tear up too. I like that you think of me like that, and I will miss you so much too! I enjoy reading your blogs so much; they are always so insightful and well articulated! It makes me want to get on the ball with blogging again myself since it does feel good to have a record of one's life. Also, I appreciated your thoughts on the two men who came into Living Rooms. You have a very good heart. I think you're great. :)
Hope we talk soon! Oh, also I think it's great that you choose 12 things to do from that website. I was intrigued when I saw it and would like to do it myself and maybe I will try to before I start working full time.
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»
Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-index.info/1208.html or http://neveo.info/336.html
Post a Comment