This is so weird. It has been a good couple of days for human beings in Philadelphia because the hospital has been pretty slow at least in my area. But they have been not so great days for me because I feel pretty useless. I spend a great deal of my day making cold calls on patients who really don't need anything so it feels pretty awkward or just wandering around talking to nurses, etc. It just doesn't feel good. I don't want people to be hurting but I don't want to feel like I am just killing time either. And my relationship with one of the girls here is a bit strained and I feel sort of out of touch socially. Last night I took myself to a movie and grocery shopping and it was pleasant but I do need something. I just don't know what.
I don't know. Today is just uninspired and blah.
2 comments:
Hey, Jess! Sheesh -- life and death one day, and boring and humdrum the next. Don't worry -- the boring days will pass. Don't let them get you down! I love you!
Let me tell you, I reeeally appreciate those slow days in the ER; ask any nurse and she'll tell you the same ~ "girl, rest while you can!" You could get a sense of feeling useless when everything settles down and is quiet (but don't jinx the place by saying THAT word!). But that's exactly the time you could change focus and minister to your fellow students and the nurses (who probably need your caring touch and smile as much as the patients do). So refresh your spirit as often as allowed before the next disaster hits those revolving doors!
God bless you!
Post a Comment