11:30 pm
Tonight has felt like a calm in the storm. And yet there is never any shortage of needs here. The sense of longing and worry and fear and grief is downright palpable. I have been grateful to have company in the form of a medical student shadowing me on my overnight for her Spirituality and Medicine class. It has been very affirming of my role to have someone remark at what an intense job this can be (even in the calm).
Still can't find the words for this experience that sound quite right. It is really eating at me. I want to find the words. I want to inspire my fellow interns half as much as they inspired me with their words. I want them to know how important this was to me.
2 comments:
It doesn't have to sound 'right'; just your struggle to get it down on paper will remind you of what your experience there was like. And for the record, I absolutely love to read your blog. You write beautifully, Jessiekins. :) ----Sary
Me also! I LOVE reading your blog. It's a window into what your world is like. I agree with Sary -- just writing honestly about what you feel and experience about CPE will lead you down the right path. Look at your past entries here on your blog -- they will help you find a way to express what you want/need to say. Congratulations, my sweet Jess, for completing this amazing summer. You've gained a new insight into the human spirit. How incredible is that?? :) I love you so!
Post a Comment