So after CPE ended, I went straight to being a counselor and teacher at Delanco Teen Camp II for a week in southern NJ. At first I started off the week pretty weary because I felt so exhausted and overwhelmed by all that was still going on for me. But it was a wonderful retreat where the kids really filled my spirit and lifted me up. I felt useful and edified and touched by everyone I met. Their faith was just so amazing, and their desire to grow and care about each other and trust in me was just incredible.
However, now I am back home and it all feels very far away. I have my first sermon sort of looming over me and I am getting nervous because I am trying to work it out in the midst of still working a bit and trying to move my stuff out of Philly. It is in like 5 days and I do not feel at ALL ready. I know this is sort of the schedule normal pastors operate on but I am not entirely used to it and I just want people I love to really understand all that God is teaching me. I want to say it well. I want to live up to their belief in me. Please pray for me about this because I really am feeling anxious about it. Come September though, life will be sweet and much much slower. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment