Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Resurrection Sunday

So this weekend has felt like I am walking in darkness and groping my way towards more darkness. But the small miracle I prayed for has come to pass and I feel better this morning. I feel hope on a day when feeling hope goes with the territory.

My mom emailed me today and told me that her and my dad were broadsided by a big truck yesterday, with the grill of the truck pressed against my dad's window, and they were pushed towards another truck where they really could have been crushed EXCEPT...everyone was going very slowly so they are just fine. I am overwhelmed just thinking about the providence there. And my mom, as scared and emotional as she was during the accident, said that AS they were being pushed, she was thinking "Nothing can happen to me. I have to be here for Jess". I don't mean to curse on Easter, but can you f-ing believe that?????? The selflessness and care of the people in my life has me in awe today. Facing possible DEATH, my mother was thinking about me and my struggles. I am emotional even writing about it. This weekend could have gotten so, so so much worse and the fact is that it didn't. It didn't. There is hope enough in that for me today.

More Howard Thurman to sum up this feeling:

"When we have exhausted our store of endurance
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving has only begun"

No comments: