Sunday, October 21, 2007

watch this




OH AND A QUICK UPDATE....

1. I have been crazy busy.

2. I am loving my classes and am finding I am much better at focusing this semester.

3. I am going to start applying to jobs for next year come November. I am thinking DC or Philly as top choices of locations....mainly chaplain residencies or youth ministry type jobs.

4. I went on a couple dates earlier on this year, but found I just don't have time during the school year and frankly, I'd rather see my friends and sister with my lovely and rare free time.

5. Greys Anatomy sucks this season and it makes me sad.

6. Why had I never watched the movie Malcolm X? Add it to your Netflix queue immediately. Worth every one of the 240 minutes.

7. I am working at Trenton Psychiatric Hospital. One of my units is all male, older, chronic patients who likely arent going anywhere anytime soon. The other unit is also all male and almost all Megan's Law and KROL patients meaning sex offenders and those who are not guilty by reason of insanity respectively. Sounds scary, but it's actually pretty damn fun. More to come on that update.

8. All 9 of my housemates from Sojourners are reuniting in a couple weeks for the first time since 2005. CANT WAIT!

9. Lots of weddings coming up. What else is new?

10. A quote I heard recently made me think. Cant recall the source: "Isn't it better to be alone and feel like a success than be in a relationship and feel like a failure?". I probably won't always feel that way. I don't even know if I feel that way right now. All I know is that for the first time in my life I can see the merits very clearly of being single right now especially when my available dating pool is what is: confused, young, horny and uh....confused. :)

11. I am getting my wisdom teeth out in about 10 hours. Should be fine. Just the tops and they are not impacted. I think I'll be getting some sweet drugs.

12. I went to an Arcade Fire show recently with my sister and it was an incredible experience. We had such a good time....one could even say euphoric. I think about it for a guaranteed smile. Corn dogs and nonstop dancing.

13. I have been thinking and praying a lot about my grandpa. I miss him more than ever since my grandma died. I hope he is doing ok.

That's probably enough for now. love and love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I hate Dane Cook right now.