How much in life gets blown up or taken away or disappoints us that could have been solved by just being a little more upfront; by taking a few more risks in saying things more accurately to how we think them; by taking the time and energy to voice what we think and feel without regard to our pride and image? I know for myself, I value honesty so much. I value putting myself out there. I value transparency and mutuality. I can help my friends with a relational crisis, yet I can not always help my own. Why?
Because I WANT to say
I'm still angry at you.
I want to talk to you.
I'm scared I like you more than you like me.
I miss you.
I have feelings for you.
BUT
I don't want to go out on a limb and be out there alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment