Attending more to this blog always ends up being one of my informal New Years Resolutions. (I have a feeling that 2009 is going to be an incredible year by the way....for myself and for this country).
One of the reasons I would really like to keep this blog updated is that for myself, I'd like to reflect on all the moving and amazing things that I am experiencing in my chaplaincy work. It has been such a great gift to me, and I wish I could remember every significant moment, but that would be impossible. But as I say, for myself, I think I would feel good about trying to be intentional about telling some of the stories and keeping them in my heart.
As I start the new year, a common theme comes to mind in my life and that is gratefulness. I struggle with anxiety, more so in recent years. Little annoyances like not having any capacity for music in my car anymore and big things like worrying about money, jobs and relationships weigh me down regularly and I admit that I let them.
But then, today I got a simple prayer request in the chapel prayer box for a woman who will be needing a shelter. I called her to give her information we have here, and a number of the places she has already tried. They are full. I could hear noise in the background and I wondered where this woman was, who was with her, if they knew that the situation was to this point. She is going everything she should, trying to plan for the future when she may not have a roof over her head and does not want to be left out in the cold. But there is so much need. So.....today when I leave work and go out to my car with heat on my way home to a lovely brand-new apartment, I will NOT be weighed down by no music. This is why I have to write these things down. So I don't forget not to be weighed down.
Happy and healthy new year to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment