Wednesday, June 02, 2010

ordination

I am now officially a PCUSA Candidate for ordination. I had to meet with a committee and it was an experience that made me more nervous than I expected. I felt like a real wreck all day, very tense in anticipation. The meeting went well because they did pass me through, but it was tough because of one of the questions....one of the biggies.

Why do I need to get ordained if I am getting certified as a chaplain? why not just get certified?

All my answers that came to mind felt a little clumsy or not compelling enough. It is something I have to learn to articulate. I need to make sure that this is really really something I want. I am going to be studying for and paying for four different ordination exams in only two months and they will be pretty hard as far as I hear. I need to make sure I am doing this for the right reasons. I thought I was, but somehow tonight I feel like I fell back a couple steps personally .....even though institutionally I am in a new stage.

I CAN figure this out!

On a side note, my amazing boyfriend started a blog: jasonwlowry.wordpress.com

No comments: