eat popcorn, ice cream and leftover what-have-you
watch TV on DVD
take headache medicine
do crosswords
download I-tunes music
look up random stuff like dresses I can't afford and would never order over the internet anyway
text Jason
organize my room clutter
see who's on facebook (always dwindling numbers when I think to actually check it in these wee hours)
What I do not do and SHOULD try more often
meditate
read in bed
stretch
go for a walk
lay down flat
Then again, one of my last days at Ujima, we did this great exercise that Kim found where we wrote a big list of things we SHOULD be doing (exercising/keeping in touch better/etc) and then replaced the "should" on each item with "if I really wanted to, I could". It really put things in perspective for me about my motivations and also where I might feel pressures that I am not acknowledging. I'll tell you one thing: I expect that my late-night-ness might actually get under control when I have another person around all the time who loves me and wants me healthy and naturally keeps me accountable just by BEING there and sleeping in the next room. Just wanting to be next to him will likely keep my nocturnal time-wasting in check.....starting in only three more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment