Friday, June 11, 2004

Frustrated Jessie has subsided. Sappy Jessie is here.

I am still not going to blog about what was bothering me. I am currently feeling touched by several small things. One would be my father. I have taken so much of my restless or sensitive moments out on him lately in unpredictable bursts of bitchiness and what the heck does he do? He helps me repaint my whole room, move everything I own and teach me how to make Quiche Lorraine. Oh yeah, and he also talks to me about what is on my mind. Persistent love. I have always always said since the antics of an ex three exes back that persistence pays off in any sort of relationship, romantic or not. Sooner or later, no matter how bogged down I get in my own frustrated world, some people's nonstop love just brings me back.

That brings me to the second thing: Sean Bennis and Michelle Nater are two people who I know do not really like technology, particuarly the Blog phenomenon that has taken our friend group by storm. And with good reason. What do us bloggers generally use our journals for? 10% reflection and 90% whining. Yup. We admit it. Yet those two both read and posted today on my chatbox and it lifted my spirits more than I thought a few lines possibly could. I miss both of you. You were my best friends this year. It's just a helpful, humbling reminder to know that people you think are awesome are thinking about you you know? When you feel crappy, incompetent or kinda lonely, that is pretty much all the reminder you need.

So I suppose the moral of this entry (since there does appear to be one) is
You see how I am easily pleased. Keep it up loved ones. God says His grace is sufficient for me, and I would like to think you are His grace to me. Goodnight.

"Luther once called security the ultimate idol" (Hauerwas,Resident Aliens,p. 131--- That's right Li. I finally finished it and was glad you recommended it :))

No comments: