Saturday, March 24, 2007

God bless the vegans

Jamaican BBQ Seitan
cucumber ranch

Boniato Empanadas
hearts of palm & avocado salad · truffle cream

Pacific Rim Grilled Tofu
spicy kochujang glaze · ginger lime butter · edamame mashed potatoes · ponzu broccolini

Wasabi Glazed Tempeh
calabaza and avocado fried rice · sriracha butter · pea shoot, grapefruit and basil salad


Who knew a meal without cheese could be such a satisfying and delightful dinner date?
c/o Horizons Vegan Cafe in South Philly: http://www.horizonsphiladelphia.com/index.html

Almost makes me want to give up meat again, but unfortunately for now that would mean returning to a daily menu of greasy eggplant parm, overcooked veggie burgers and a teeny salad bar. So.....like Liam says, what I can and will do is go back to being more conscientious because the reasons are pretty convincing to me. I am open to debate, but when I have my own kitchen, I'm going for it again full throddle.

p.s. I finally after three years of blogging figured out the hyperlink thing. That is sort of embarrassing. Anyway I had a pleasant night and a good start to my weekend. Hope you did too.




No comments: