Only AFTER me and Li split, I start posting silly videos on my blog. Go figure. But hey, nowadays nothing can really surprise me.
So...entering into another day. This one has a small milestone in it: seeing Liam and having to sit in a class with him for two hours. I tried to alleviate that a bit yesterday by going by the mailroom where he works for a minute. And it was nice. He smiled at me and we were both glad to see each other. Even though it is awfully hard in general, the other person still brings a smile to our face in the moment and that is nice to know.
I have been surprised at my own reaction to all this. That's all I want to say about that right now. But Howard Thurman has something relevant to say (as he always does lately):
"The ability to know what is the right thing to do in a given circumstance is a sheer gift of God. The element of gift is inherent in the process of decision...the crucial consideration is to know what is the desirable end. What is it that I most want to see happen if conditions are ideal or if my desire were completely fulfilled?...every person thinks that it is his particular destiny to hav the ideal come true for him....he finds that he cannot wholeheartedly work for the achievable or possible end because he cannot give up the inner demand for the ideal end....the time for action does come at last. Once the decision is made, the die is cast. Is my decision right or wrong, wise or foolish? At the moment I may be unable to answer the question. For what is right in the light of the present set of facts may not be able to stand up under the scrutiny of unfolding days....the possibility of error, of profound and terrible error, is at once the height and depth of man's freedom. For this God be praised!"
No comments:
Post a Comment