And as of an hour ago, I am BOOKED to go to China from Feb. 27th till March 6th to visit my favorite person in the whole world, my sister Sary! It is all very exciting. I have a LOT to do on the practical and the emotional level during the first half of 2004. (What am I really going to do next year? Who will I choose to invest time in? Am I continuing to get over my relationship? Am I being more responsible about money/school other adult things right now? etc). I have more on my mind than ever, and that is why I havent chosen to write on this journal. When you have so many thoughts and prayers and things to take care of, it seems like quite a task to narrow it down into a couple of clever paragraphs.
I am trying to end this break with as much peace of mind and resolution as possible so that I can enjoy my last semester to the fullest. I am still feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I am trying to remember that my life remains a small one and that potential is good and not as scary as it seems. In this the beginning of a new year and a new start, my heart goes out to my sister preparing to study abroad--I can remember very well what that felt like and how not prepared I really was---, to Bryan and Marlene fighting against all odds and all skepticism from others to make things work in their relationship, to Liam who is growing more and more into his ministry, and to all my friends who seem like they have it so much more together than me, but in reality are probably just winging it, same as I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment