that said, I curled up on the couch this morning to eat some oatmeal and watch Dawson's Creek (a new very enjoyable guilty pleasure c/o Peter Gill), and one much too clever thing that a character in that show was this:
"There are no rights, no wrongs. Just the consequences of your actions."
Now before you go crazy and call me postmodern, this was not referring to dilemmas of moral and ethics, etc. It was referring to life choices; personal ones. It makes killer sense to me as I am lately thinking a ton about all these options to pursue for next year. And I am sending out applications as we speak: internships in DC, one year missions or stints living and serving the poor in NYC, photo school, teaching jobs...............everything that may have entered my mind as a viable option in the last year. And it scares me to think that I could make a wrong decision. Oh but then I take a big breath (inhale) and remember that it is great to have options, it is AMAZING that my parents enabled me to have no post-college debt, and that maybe that quote is wise and correct. Shoot, anything that makes me worry less sounds like something God would approve of to me!
YAY for those friends who were also analyzed with creepy precision by the color quiz in a previous entry.
it is definitely bedtime because I am meeting a friend for early mass and fast food breakfast (with a coupon! we are some ditry cheap mofos!) :). goodnight. love to all readers tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment