Sunday, November 09, 2003

getting over someone versus avoiding them. interesting idea...................


the holidays are creeping up on me and I am dreading them. but maybe they will surprise me. I don't know. Right now PMS and a bad bad cold are making it hard to be optimistic about how they might turn out. bryan will be here to have lunch with me soon. I think he may be one of the handful of real conversations I have had lately and I am thankful for that. I just can't deal with awkwardness and artificiality and biweekly visits right now. I am so excited about the weekend with the girls in my family in the Outer Banks next weekend. I feel very attached to and missing my family right now. Maybe more than I ever have, even in Italy. It'll be hard to top the euphoric and yet amazingly peaceful feeling I had for three weeks of Christmas break last year coming home to all of them and to a boy that loved me and missed me. It will be hard to top but I know God's imagination and His realm of possibilities far outweighs mine right now.

No comments: