Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Today's roommate birthday celebration for Sarah including skipping my classes, breakfast at IHOP, a trip to IKEA, and a one hour (!!) facial for Sarah/eyebrow shaping for Jessie and Michelle at a little spa place. Spas and salons and the beauty industry are ridiculous and we make fun of it and I am still proud that I don't buy makeup. But oh goodness gracious ....how incredibly nice to spontaneously pamper the whole house just to celebrate one of us being born. God knows I needed that day with the ladies and that I enjoyed it.

But I still feel a bit like a preschooler being dropped off at daycare when they both had to leave me alone in the house tonight to just do my work and make birthday cookies. I feel this panicked sort of sadness, but I called Liam, took a few breaths and feel much more able to be disciplined now and do what I need to. I am hoping as days continue to pass and I continue to get over all this stuff that I will need less distraction--that more and more things in my life will be not just permissable but also very beneficial for Jessie Doerrer.

Off to reading and research and papers.
Those birthday cookies will taste good.....

No comments: