i finished two big final papers for Soc. classes over this break and it feels completely amazing to finish papers even after doing it for the last four/sixteen or so years. But who's counting? I have so much more I could do, but I am going to instead spend the rest of my evening at home hanging out and lazing around with my folks. That also has felt really really good lately. Family is not a blessing for everyone, so I don't want to let moments with my own slip by me. Shoot, I only get the invitation to live at home for another few years! (yikes)
I do somehow look forward to the (awful stressing out and taking breaks for ice cream and screaming and dancing around to silly songs that relieve nervous energy) that occur during the last week of classes and finals week. particularly with my also-quite-overloaded roomies. They are both at work right now and I feel for them. I need to get on the ball I think about my finances, or lack thereof. In the Spring, I am going to step it up a bit as far as hours on the job. Because hey if Sarah and her arm can do it, so can I. And I will also make a budget, as I have been planning on for oh....the last three years! Lots of goals. One thing at a time. The one thing now, as I said, isn't too intimidating. Walk myself and my bear claw slippers downstairs, lay down on the couch next to my Daddy and distract him from Law & Order. :-) :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment