Well the Christmas season begins at a time when I simply have no money to spend on anyone. Negative money. Even after my parent's shocking and oh so generous forgiveness of much of my debt, I am still in the hole. BUT I have an idea. I enjoy giving gifts so much that I will just plan to give all of you, my dear loved ones and readers 'belated Christmas just because gifts'. That is what I will call them. You will just have a Christmas in february to look forward to. Because next semester I am going to get my job on. :)
An interesting decorating adventure today. I went to Ikea hoping to take advantage of the $20 trees but they wont have them until Wednesday. So I roamed about the store braiskly enough to resist buying anything but a tree-like decoration. I saw this one thing and was intrigued. It is like this pole you put together and a stand and you just put this star-shaped artificial tree curtain thing over it and it looks like a tree out of Whoville (a la Dr. Seuss). Now, in the store this inexpensive curtain tree seemed like a good idea. But I brought it home and just laughed at it. It is far too pitiful, and dang it, we deserve the real deal. I'm not spraying a pine scent on a fake tree this year. We'll spend that $20...that is, if I can find some time in this crazy week to get back out there.
(telling silly xmas prep. stories like this help me feel less anxiety about the holiday season and what it might or might not hold in store--especially New Years..yuck)
Shout out to Sean and Willow Grove and The Steak and Hoagie Factory
Liam, the dinner club might just be the best idea I have heard this semester. I would like that because I agree it is really hard to ensure time to see people we are interested in seeing. That could be really good.
ok getting up at 7. bedtime for me.
one more not-so-light thing: I am praying for a lot of you more regularly lately and would like to know more specifically what to pray for. I know what some of your struggles are hopes are and all that, but it would be neat to hear it from you, so whenever we talk, I'd like to talk about that. I want to intercede more. I want to support people in that way because I'd like to know I am really supported in that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment