Friday, December 05, 2003

I can't remember the last time I felt this sleepy this early so I am going to try and make this quick.

Today we had another Christmas adventure. I did in fact take back the curtain tree to exchange it for a real one. It is taller than me by far, smells like heaven and is now decorated in white lights and red shiny ornaments. In order to get it looking as gorgeous as it does now, I had to sit on it while Sarah and Michelle sawed/ hammered the bottom off. It took about fifteen minutes and it was well worth it for the triumphant fall of that last half inch of trunk. hehehe good times. I like holiday fun. I remember Erin and Sarah dumping a bag full of fake snow into my sheets freshman year. This may compete for one of my most pleasant holiday moments of college living. All we need now is cookies and the Vince Guaraldi Trio (Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack).

My parents sent me my much desired VS bra in the mail today for St. Nicholas day. A family tradition now is to send me undies and bras on days like St. Nick's day, and this is the first year I did not tear the package open in front of a bunch of people in Eastern's mailroom, forgetting its contents.

I had a meeting today with a Biblical counselor from COS. Melissa Merana recommended her. Her name is Sharon, and wow was I ever impressed. I talked to her about her work and it just stirs something in me to hear about it. She is really well trained. She studied Counseling at Villanova and Bible at seminary. She is 36 and unmarried. Maybe that should scare me more, but surprisingly it doesnt. We had a wonderful talk and it felt much more like a conversation than Gerri. Each has her perks though. I felt really encouraged in my faith by Sharon. Really encouraged to pursue who God is during this time. Really encouraged to continue to live today without paying as much attention to the what if's and the doubts about myself in my mind. There is a reason our future isnt laid out before us for us to pick apart before the fact. I have much more I could say here but..... later!

First REAL job interview tomorrow. 9-5 in Philly for Teach for America, and I am really pumped. Feel like I can do it. Feel like there are all kinds of exciting possibilities for next year and I do have choices. It would be nice if you think of me to say a little prayer though :) or give me a call while I am babysitting/housesitting all weekend and ask how it went. That would be wonderful!

nightnight. blessings faithful readers

No comments: