I called my sister right after. I was so glad to have someone that I love so much to call. That was just one of those experiences I needed to share with someone immediately. Here is where I might normally feel the pang or void of an ex-boyfriend, but I suppose it is not so bad. I know that others support me. Isn't that enough? (yes pangs, yes it is enough for now).
My favorite thing about snow is how quiet it seems to make everything around you sometimes. All silent except that rustle of very light white drops. As I walked home, I didnt even mind that my tights were getting soaked because the snow looked so perfect. That's not like me. I usually hate the cold. Maybe its growing on me.
The family I am babysitting for this weekend, their son said that all this snow was perfect to ring in Hannukah. haha. This family is adorable, but very quirky. The same little boy (well 13 actually) wanted to talk to me about video games and weapons of war. The teenage girl made fun of my cooking (that's right, add milk to mac and cheese AFTER draining....right!
That took me back. It is fun to have an excuse to be a kid more often. Must be fun to be a youth pastor in that way....I don't know if being a teacher would be the same. I find out if I get it in two weeks and so I have to decide SOON. Is that what I want for next year. I always wanted this much decision-making power, and now that I have it, I consider trading it back in to be in 6th grade again, you know? :)
I think I would like to initiate a movie night or something of that sort with my family back home. I feel drawn so much more and more to people like my Grandma and my aunts and growing cousins. I never really pursued time with them before. But my family somehow makes me feel that imaginative, wonderful little kid feeling during the holidays that I love. Something about them brings it right out of me.
My thoughts are clearly so scattered. I guess I will stop here. If you're reading this I bet I want some time with you before or during break so give me a call. I want to talk to people who talk back some more. Stay warm and cozy friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment